Exceptional people · Innovative ideas · Dedicated service
Professional IT Services for the Enterprise
Riptide Technology is a veteran-owned, small business enterprise that provides professional IT services to government clients. Riptide was founded in 2011, and has grown rapidly by recruiting exceptional staff that are dedicated to our customers and their mission.
Riptide Technology, Inc. was incorporated in Virginia on April 7, 2011.
Our office is in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, Virginia.
- Riptide Technology, Inc.
- 201 King Street, Suite 304
- Alexandria, Virginia, 22314
- (703) 888-2711 or (240) 432-6062
Riptide Technology North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes are:
- 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
- 541512 Computer Systems Design Services
- 541519 Other Computer Related Services
- 541710 Scientific Research and Development Services
Maritime Intelligence and Ship Tracking Systems
Riptide engineers possess a broad understanding of the maritime intelligence domain; systems, data and challenges. This understanding has been developed over many years of working with intelligence analysts and playing key roles in the development of intelligence analysis support systems.
IC ITE Cloud Technology
Riptide engineers have also accrued practical experience with IC ITE technologies over the last 3 years. This includes migration of large data sets from relational database systems into HADOOP/HDFS based key value data stores.
Riptide system engineers have been engaged in Research and Development of Object Based Production (OBP) systems that facilitate inter-agency collaboration and data sharing by leveraging cloud infrastructures.
Agile Scrum Development and Project Management
Riptide has introduced Agile Scrum development methods to some of our customers and successfully demonstrated its value for accelerated project development tempo and customer transparency. Four Riptide lead engineers are Scrum Master certified.
Activity Based Intelligence (ABI) and Location Based Intelligence (LBI)
Riptide engineers have conceived and developed analytics to derive important question focused datasets from high volume worldwide ship movement data. These efforts combined data science and understanding of maritime information with advanced analytics implemented within the framework of a small team Agile Scrum development effort.
Riptide provides exceptional personnel with the skills and experience to plan, build and manage your IT Enterprise.
System Engineering and Architecture
- Technology Surveys, Planning, Risk Assessment
- DoDAF Architecture Diagrams, N-Tier Design
- IC-ITE Cloud Migration
Systems and Software Development
- Agile Scrum Development Methods
- NOSQL, Ozone, HDFS/Hadoop, Accumulo, Unified Object Model
Database Engineering and Administration
- Oracle 11g/12c, Oracle Exadata, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MySQL, SQL Server
- Cross Domain Database and Object Replication
- Data Science – Modeling, Design and Cloud Migration
Infrastructure Engineering and Management
- Windows, Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Virtualization (RHEV), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), Host-based Security System (HBSS)
Exceptional people are hard to find so our benefits and employment practices are geared to attract and retain quality people once we’ve found them.